Raise your hand if you love guacamole! 🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻 My all time favorite snack is most definitely chips and guacamole, and I know I’m not alone in my love for it. The best kind of guacamole, in my opinion, is one that is chunky, tart and full of yummy ingredients. The avocado that invited everyone to the party… that’s my kind of avocado 😉 Being the guac connoisseur that I am, I’ve had trial and error over the years to make my own JUST right. And I have to say, these days I’d most rather eat my homemade guacamole over anyone else’s. So I’m sharing my recipe with you today, and it’s so easy and so yummy you will find yourself making excuses to whip it up for every occasion. 🎉
Perfect Chunky Guacamole- [Serves 6-8]
Prep Time: 10 minutes/ Cook Time: 0 minutes/ Total Time: 10 minutes
6 Ripe Avocados
2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 brown onion, very finely chopped
1 handful of Cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lemon (to taste)
Juice of 1/2 Lime (to taste)
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp Cumin
- Slice avocados in half and remove the pits. Cut 3-4 slices into each avocado half, then scoop out into a medium sized bowl. (See photo below for example on how to slice the insides).
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion and cilantro, and fold together, gently breaking up the avocado as you go. DO NOT MASH!
- Add in all of your seasonings and fold together.
- Add in, one half at a time, the juice of both the lemon and the lime. Taste at this point, and see if the tartness level is where you like it. If not, gradually squeeze in more juice, tasting as you go, until desired tartness is achieved. (REMEMBER- you can always add more, but you cannot take it out! This step is the most crucial in making the PERFECT guacamole. You got this 💪🏻)
- Give the guacamole and final stir, and serve with tortilla chips.
Here are some photos to show you how the avocado should be sliced, and how fine the tomato and onion should be chopped.
Here are a few quick tips when making this recipe:
-To get the most juice out of your lime, microwave it for 10 seconds, then roll it back and forth across the countertop, pushing down with slight pressure before slicing it open.
-DO NOT OVER MIX! Mashing and/or over mixing your guacamole takes away its chunky texture. You want the guacamole to be creamy, but still filled with larger chunks of avocado. If your avocados are ripened well, it will not take much effort to create creaminess. So don’t over do it 😉
-If you don’t have lime on hand, lemon is ok on it’s own in this recipe. The brightness of the lemon makes this guacamole fresh and delicious. (Most guacamole recipes only call for lime, which on it’s own [in my opinion], is too robust and falls flat. Lemon is the key)
-Make extra! This recipe is easily doubled (or tripled) for large parties! 🙌🏻
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Leave me a comment when you make this and let me know how you like it! ❤️